Featured Charity: Alzheimer’s Association
The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate the Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health
At Giving Through Jewelry, 10% of all sales are donated to a charity of the buyers choice. We realize that there are a lot of charities to choose from so we would like to highlight some of our favorites. November’s featured charity is the Alzheimer’s Association. Check out our FACEBOOK page at the beginning of each month to see how much was donated.
Formed in 1980, the Alzheimer’s Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, a general term for memory loss and other intellectual abilities serious enough to interfere with daily life. Alzheimer’s disease accounts for 60 to 80 percent of dementia cases. Although current Alzheimer’s treatments cannot stop Alzheimer’s from progressing, they can temporarily slow the worsening of dementia symptoms and improve quality of life for those with Alzheimer’s and their caregivers. Today, there is a worldwide effort under way to find better ways to treat the disease, delay its onset, and prevent it from developing.
What They Do
The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias. We are here to help.
- We have local chapters across the nation, providing services within each community. Find a chapter near you.
- Our professionally staffed 24/7 Helpline (1.800.272.3900) offers information and advice to more than 300,000 callers each year and provides translation services in more than 200 languages.
- We host face-to-face support groups and educational sessions in communities nationwide.
- We connect people across the globe through our online message boards, ALZConnected®. Our online community is ready to answer your questions and give you support.
- We provide caregivers and families with comprehensive online resources and information through our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Caregiver Center, which features sections on early-stage, middle-stage and late-stage caregiving.
- We help people find clinical studies through our free, easy-to-use matching service Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch®. TrialMatch connects individuals with Alzheimer’s, caregivers, healthy volunteers and physicians with current studies.
- Our free online tool, Alzheimer’s Navigator®, helps those facing the disease to determine their needs and develop an action plan, and our online Community Resource Finder is a comprehensive database of programs and service, housing and care services, and legal experts.
- We house the Alzheimer’s Association Green-Field Library, the nation’s largest library and resource center devoted to increasing knowledge about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- Our safety services, Comfort Zone® and MedicAlert® + Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return®, provide location management for people with Alzheimer’s who wander.
- Our annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s® is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
How to Help
Make a tax-deductible donation to the Alzheimer’s Association and help fight Alzheimer’s disease through vital research and essential support programs and services. Please select the type of donation you wish to make:
Donating online is the easiest way to give. We accept all major credit cards and ensure your information is safe.
We make giving monthly easy, so you can make a difference all year long. By providing a regular contribution, you ensure research progress will never be halted. To give monthly, simply select “monthly donation” on our online donation form.
We accept both credit card and check donations.
Send a check to:
P.O. Box 96011
Washington, DC 20090-6011
Want to speak to a team member about a donation? Please call 1.800.272.3900
PAY TRIBUTE TO/CELEBRATE A LOVED ONE
Honor a loved one by making a donation to the Alzheimer’s Association in his or her name, and create a legacy of generosity.
Simply click on “Tribute/Memorial Donation” on the online donation form. At your request, we will send an email of recognition to whomever you indicate as a “thank you.”
Share This Post
10% ADDS UP!
As of 6/05/2022 – we have donated
$540.65 to windyouth.org
$881.30 to petsofthehomeless.org
$202.76 to roomtoread.org
$447.31 to redcross.org
$331.04 to CRCSdogs.org
$ 52.30 to nvfoodforthought.org
$ 58.65 to theconservationfund.org
$ 27.13 to outfrontminnesota.org
$ 17.00 to Earth Art Institute
$ 24.60 to care.org
$60.36 to roww.org
$ 24.72 to bornthiswayfoundation.org
$ 398.77 to water.org
$ 270.50 to bcrf.org
$ 34.80 to alz.org
$114.49 to stjude.org
$11.00 to americanmalteserescue.org
$ 97.57 to cancercare.org
$ 6.80 to thenationalhomeopathycenter.org
$192.20 to feedingamerica.org
$9.80 to marchofdimes.org
$33.10 to woundedwarriorproject.org
$ 17.10 to wolverinefoundation.org
$211.40 to nationalparks.org
$ 91.30 to ncadv.org
$ 5.40 to sumofus.org
$12.80 to frenchbulldogrescue.org
$714.94 to eddyhouse.org
$77.14 to als.org
$11.90 to eff.org
$12.87 to thelucidsky.com
$10.00 to wynemaranch.com
$180.60 to doctorswithoutborders.org
$8.82 to capemaystage.org
$91.80 to firstfoodbank.org
$28.80 to wwf.org
$30.00 to heart.org
$28.85 to coloncancerfoundation.org
$16.80 to ww5.komen.org
$14.30 to thechristmasboxhouse.org
$249.20 to aspca.org
$93.04 to plannedparenthood.org
$152.42 to ktmb.org
$10.00 to macmillan.org.uk
$43.74 to savethechimps.org
$414.59 to k9sforwarriors.org
$373.78 to polarisproject.org
$13.00 to savethechildren.org
$25.30 to worldreliefseattle.org
$10.84 to safekidswc.org
$38.02 to nobully.org
$109.80 to bbrfoundation.org
$18.40 to amnestyusa.org
$272.00 to thetrevorproject.org
$6.51 to egale.ca
$18.30 to thepointfoundation.org
$18.50 to nationalmssociety.org
$6.50 to texas4000.org
$229.80 to hrc.org
$8.50 to nursefamilypartnership.org
$29.50 to save.org
$101.03 to humanesociety.org
$8.37 to rucommunityfund.org
$16.70 to friendsoftherainforest.org
$210.95 to stopsoldiersuicide.org
$100.92 to perryproject.com
$260.00 to oceanfdn.org
$60.70 to Green Wave
$294.00 to naacp.org
$290.50 to aclu.org
$222.22 to nami.org
$28.00 to randomacts.org
$16.50 to rainn.org
$248.25 to cancerresearch.org
$10.00 to wildaid.org
$8.00 to delawarehumane.org
$63.70 to ferretclub.com
$16.20 to nbrf.org
$77.00 to conservation.org
$12.88 to highsierrarescue.org
$150.00 to pollinator.org
$13.00 to www1.nyc.gov
$80.18 to zoe-delaware.org
$20.00 to diabetes.org
$6.00 to missingkids.org
$45.38 to laul.org
$9.50 to childrescuecoalition.org
$7.20 to epilepsy.com
$14.53 to clothestokidsdenver.org
$4.30 to peninsulapetpantry.org
$4.92 to alleghenycleanwaterways.org
$46.34 to rescue.org
$17.30 to internationalsanctuary.com
$17.00 to blackal4edu.org
$17.39 to leaderdog.org
$5.00 to sfohio.org
$18.00 to pegasusridingacademy.com
$12.26 to burnpits360.org
$10.00 to globalelphants.org
$10.00 to lawyerswithoutborders.org
$32.00 to frostedfacesfoundation.org