Featured Charity: Safe Kids Worldwide
At Giving Through Jewelry 10% of all sales are donated to a charity of the buyers choice. We realize that there are a lot of charities to choose from so we would like to highlight some of our favorites. July’s featured charity is the Safe Kids Worldwide. Check out our FACEBOOK page at the beginning of each month to see how much was donated.
Safe Kids Worldwide is a nonprofit organization working to help families and communities keep kids safe from injuries. Most people are surprised to learn preventable injuries are the #1 killer of kids in the United States. Throughout the world, almost one million children die of an injury each year, and almost every one of these tragedies is preventable.
Safe Kids works with an extensive network of more than 400 coalitions in the United States and with partners in more than 30 countries to reduce traffic injuries, drownings, falls, burns, poisonings and more.
Since 1988, when Safe Kids was founded by Dr. Marty Eichelberger of the Children’s National Health System with support from founding sponsor, Johnson & Johnson, Safe Kids has helped reduce the U.S. childhood death rate from unintentional injury by 60 percent. Working together, we can do much more to protect kids.
Losing one child is one too many, and we don’t want any parent to have to endure the loss of a child. We’re calling on everyone to come together, to raise awareness and to get involved. Saving lives is a decision we can all make every day.
What They Do
Safe Kids Worldwide is dedicated to protecting kids from unintentional injuries, the number one cause of death to children in the United States. Throughout the world, almost 1 million children die of injuries each year.
Be a Hero for Kids by Getting Involved in the Following Ways
- Take action – You can affect how leaders approach important issues relating to child safety issues. Learn how.
- Connect with your community. There are dedicated people in your community working every day for kids. There are plenty of ways – both big and small – to help.
- Join the Shout Out Team. We’ll give you a compelling way to keep kids safe, all you have to do is share our weekly quick tips with your family, friends and anyone you know who cares about children.
- Share or read a story. If you have a story about an injury, or how an injury was prevented, we’d love to hear it.
- Ways to give – Want to make a difference in the life of a child today? Your gift will help Safe Kids protect all kids from serious injuries. Here’s how you can help.
- Partner with us. Our partners are corporations, nonprofit organizations, professional associations and government agencies, all working to keep kids safe.
- Join us for Safe Kids Day. Once a year, communities around the world gather together to celebrate Safe Kids Day and raise awareness and funds to protect kids from injury.
- Donate. A generous gift of any size can go a long way to save a child’s life.
Share This Post
10% ADDS UP!
As of 1/05/2022 – we have donated
$540.65 to windyouth.org
$881.30 to petsofthehomeless.org
$202.76 to roomtoread.org
$447.31 to redcross.org
$331.04 to CRCSdogs.org
$ 52.30 to nvfoodforthought.org
$ 58.65 to theconservationfund.org
$ 27.13 to outfrontminnesota.org
$ 17.00 to Earth Art Institute
$ 24.60 to care.org
$60.36 to roww.org
$ 24.72 to bornthiswayfoundation.org
$ 376.77 to water.org
$ 231.50 to bcrfcure.org
$ 34.80 to alz.org
$82.49 to stjude.org
$11.00 to americanmalteserescue.org
$ 97.57 to cancercare.org
$ 6.80 to thenationalhomeopathycenter.org
$187.20 to feedingamerica.org
$9.80 to marchofdimes.org
$33.10 to woundedwarriorproject.org
$ 17.10 to wolverinefoundation.org
$192.40 to nationalparks.org
$ 91.30 to ncadv.org
$ 5.40 to sumofus.org
$12.80 to frenchbulldogrescue.org
$714.94 to eddyhouse.org
$77.14 to als.org
$11.90 to eff.org
$12.87 to thelucidsky.com
$10.00 to wynemaranch.com
$180.60 to doctorswithoutborders.org
$8.82 to capemaystage.org
$91.80 to firstfoodbank.org
$28.80 to wwf.org
$30.00 to heart.org
$28.85 to coloncancerfoundation.org
$16.80 to ww5.komen.org
$14.30 to thechristmasboxhouse.org
$165.20 to aspca.org
$88.04 to plannedparenthood.org
$147.17 to ktmb.org
$10.00 to macmillan.org.uk
$43.74 to savethechimps.org
$414.59 to k9sforwarriors.org
$373.78 to polarisproject.org
$13.00 to savethechildren.org
$25.30 to worldreliefseattle.org
$10.84 to safekidswc.org
$38.02 to nobully.org
$109.80 to bbrfoundation.org
$8.40 to amnestyusa.org
$272.00 to thetrevorproject.org
$6.51 to egale.ca
$18.30 to thepointfoundation.org
$18.50 to nationalmssociety.org
$6.50 to texas4000.org
$229.80 to hrc.org
$8.50 to nursefamilypartnership.org
$29.50 to save.org
$101.03 to humanesociety.org
$8.37 to rucommunityfund.org
$16.70 to friendsoftherainforest.org
$210.95 to stopsoldiersuicide.org
$100.92 to perryproject.com
$260.00 to oceanfdn.org
$60.70 to Green Wave
$294.00 to naacp.org
$276.50 to aclu.org
$216.22 to nami.org
$28.00 to randomacts.org
$16.50 to rainn.org
$248.25 to cancerresearch.org
$10.00 to wildaid.org
$8.00 to delawarehumane.org
$63.70 to ferretclub.com
$16.20 to nbrf.org
$77.00 to conservation.org
$12.88 to highsierrarescue.org
$150.00 to pollinator.org
$13.00 to www1.nyc.gov
$80.18 to zoe-delaware.org
$20.00 to diabetes.org
$6.00 to missingkids.org
$45.38 to laul.org
$9.50 to childrescuecoalition.org
$7.20 to epilepsy.com
$14.53 to clothestokidsdenver.org
$4.30 to peninsulapetpantry.org
$4.92 to alleghenycleanwaterways.org
$46.34 to rescue.org
$17.30 to internationalsanctuary.com
$17.00 to blackal4edu.org
$17.39 to leaderdog.org
$5.00 to sfohio.org
$18.00 to pegasusridingacademy.com
$12.26 to burnpits360.org
$10.00 to globalelphants.org