Featured Charity: Epilepsy Foundation
At Giving Through Jewelry, 10% of all sales are donated to a charity of the buyers choice. We realize that there are a lot of charities to choose from so we would like to highlight some of our favorites. This month’s featured charity is Epilepsy Foundation. Check out our FACEBOOK page at the beginning of each month to see how much was donated.
The Epilepsy Foundation advocates on behalf of people with epilepsy and their family members and caregivers to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures and save lives. Their priorities include:
- Ensuring access to quality health care that is affordable, physician-directed and patient-centered;
- Securing federal funding for epilepsy programs, research and treatments at institutions including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and Food and Drug Administration (FDA);
- Safeguarding disability rights and ending discrimination through awareness; and
- Fostering biomedical innovation through incentivizing development of new therapies and the promotion of research to gain a better understanding of causes, consequences, and outcomes, and, ultimately, cures for all the epilepsies.
Here are some key numbers (in Tweet-size bites) to talk about it!
- 65 MILLION: Number of people around the world who have epilepsy.
- 3.4 MILLION: Number of people in the United States who have epilepsy.
- 470,000: Number of children in the United States who have epilepsy.
- 1 IN 26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy at some point in their lifetime.
- BETWEEN 4 AND 10 OUT OF 1,000: Number of people on earth who live with active seizures at any one time.
- 150,000: Number of new cases of epilepsy in the United States each year
- ONE-THIRD: Number of people with epilepsy who live with uncontrolled seizures despite taking seizure medications.
- 6 OUT OF 10: Number of people with epilepsy where the cause is unknown.
Make a Difference
Join the Fight to End Epilepsy
How YOU Can Make a Difference!
Giving to the Epilepsy Foundation means you make the world a better, easier, more manageable place for Lily, Claire, Chase, and the 3.4 million other people in the U.S. who are living with epilepsy and seizures. Giving means you can help us prevent tragedies like Kevin’s family experienced.
- Find out more about why your gift matters.
- Discover more ways to give.
- “Like” the Epilepsy Foundation on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
- Find more ways to get involved by raising awareness and volunteering.
Share This Post
10% ADDS UP!
As of 10/05/2021 – we have donated
$540.65 to windyouth.org
$881.30 to petsofthehomeless.org
$202.76 to roomtoread.org
$437.31 to redcross.org
$331.04 to CRCSdogs.org
$ 52.30 to nvfoodforthought.org
$ 53.50 to theconservationfund.org
$ 27.13 to outfrontminnesota.org
$ 17.00 to Earth Art Institute
$ 84.37 to care.org
$60.36 to roww.org
$ 24.72 to bornthiswayfoundation.org
$ 366.77 to water.org
$ 21.50 to bcrfcure.org
$ 34.80 to alz.org
$82.49 to stjude.org
$11.00 to americanmalteserescue.org
$ 97.57 to cancercare.org
$ 6.80 to thenationalhomeopathycenter.org
$177.20 to feedingamerica.org
$9.80 to marchofdimes.org
$33.10 to woundedwarriorproject.org
$ 17.10 to wolverinefoundation.org
$92.40 to nationalparks.org
$ 91.30 to ncadv.org
$ 5.40 to sumofus.org
$12.80 to frenchbulldogrescue.org
$709.94 to eddyhouse.org
$77.14 to als.org
$11.90 to eff.org
$12.87 to thelucidsky.com
$10.00 to wynemaranch.com
$170.60 to doctorswithoutborders.org
$8.82 to capemaystage.org
$41.80 to firstfoodbank.org
$91.80 to wwf.org
$30.00 to heart.org
$28.85 to coloncancerfoundation.org
$16.80 to ww5.komen.org
$14.30 to thechristmasboxhouse.org
$130.20 to aspca.org
$88.04 to plannedparenthood.org
$147.17 to ktmb.org
$10.00 to macmillan.org.uk
$43.74 to savethechimps.org
$414.59 to k9sforwarriors.org
$373.78 to polarisproject.org
$13.00 to savethechildren.org
$25.30 to worldreliefseattle.org
$10.84 to safekidswc.org
$38.02 to nobully.org
$9.80 to bbrfoundation.org
$8.40 to amnestyusa.org
$272.00 to thetrevorproject.org
$6.51 to egale.ca
$18.30 to thepointfoundation.org
$18.50 to nationalmssociety.org
$6.50 to texas4000.org
$29.80 to hrc.org
$8.50 to nursefamilypartnership.org
$29.50 to save.org
$101.03 to humanesociety.org
$8.37 to rucommunityfund.org
$16.70 to friendsoftherainforest.org
$210.95 to stopsoldiersuicide.org
$100.92 to perryproject.com
$60.00 to oceanfdn.org
$60.70 to Green Wave
$294.00 to naacp.org
$276.50 to aclu.org
$216.22 to nami.org
$28.00 to randomacts.org
$16.50 to rainn.org
$48.25 to cancerresearch.org
$10.00 to wildaid.org
$8.00 to delawarehumane.org
$63.70 to ferretclub.com
$16.20 to nbrf.org
$77.00 to conservation.org
$12.88 to highsierrarescue.org
$54.90 to pollinator.org
$28.00 to www1.nyc.gov
$80.18 to zoe-delaware.org
$20.00 to diabetes.org
$6.00 to missingkids.org
$45.38 to laul.org
$9.50 to childrescuecoalition.org
$7.20 to epilepsy.com
$14.53 to clothestokidsdenver.org
$4.30 to peninsulapetpantry.org
$4.92 to alleghenycleanwaterways.org
$46.34 to rescue.org
$17.30 to internationalsanctuary.com
$17.00 to blackal4edu.org
$17.39 to leaderdog.org
$5.00 to sfohio.org
$18.00 to pegasusridingacademy.com