Giving Through Jewelry believes in giving back and that’s why 10% of all sales are donated to a charity of the buyer’s choice. There are so many charities to choose from so we like to highlight one organization every month. This month we’re featuring the nonprofit organization, NAACP.
Mission: The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
You can check out our FACEBOOK page to see how much we donate.
Founded February 12, 1909, the NAACP is the nation’s foremost, largest, and most widely recognized civil rights organization. Its more than half-million members and supporters throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, leading grassroots campaigns for equal opportunity and conducting voter mobilization.
The following statement of objectives is found on the first page of the NAACP Constitution – the principal objectives of the Association shall be:
- To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP’s Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.
Ways to Help
BECOME A MEMBER
- Work with activists and organizers in local NAACP branches
- Support access to quality education, healthcare, economic opportunities
- Advocate for laws and policies to improve your community
- Participate in voter registration and get out the vote campaigns
- Attend the Nation events and Regional conferences
Become a member of the oldest and boldest civil rights organization in America.
If you’re ready to join, become an NAACP member here.